| · SBCLA » Legal Department · |
A few words about what we do with the information we receive from you.
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Security and Confidentiality
- Member Preferences/Opting Out
- Third Parties
- Legally Required Disclosures
- California Shine the Light Law
- Consent to Processing of Information in the United States
- Contact Us
- * Information We Collect and How We Use It We do not collect personally-identifiable information about you unless you provide us with such information via registration as a member ("Member"), participation in Member services or features, or otherwise. We may require you to provide additional personally-identifiable information when utilizing Member services or features, such as your phone number, billing, shipping and other credit card processing information. Any credit card payments made by you will be processed by a third-party payment processor. We do not permanently store credit card information either on or outside the Website. We may automatically record your IP address, place "cookies" on your computer, and/or create log files or mechanisms to help us recognize your browser, enable your use of certain Website functionality, diagnose problems with our server, administer and improve our Website, understand your preferences, and enhance your overall experience. We gather broad demographic information about our Members as well as specific information associated with your use of the Website features (e.g. frequency of use and purchase and viewing history) and any other information you provide to us directly or via your use of the Website. We use your information to personalize your experience, analyze usage, respond to inquiries from you, notify you about new features and special promotions, fulfill your orders, provide customer service, and to support your use of the Website and its features (including in connection with Website maintenance, backup and analysis). We may collect and report to third parties information about our Members such as demographics (e.g., if half of our Members are women between the ages of 15 and 19, we may provide that general information to a content or service provider), opinions (e.g., Members from a particular region prefer one product over another) and behavior (e.g., Members who watched an original Scumbags video and in turn purchased Scumbags merchandise).
- * Security and Confidentiality We will take steps to maintain the security and confidentiality of your personally-identifiable information; however, we cannot and do not guarantee the complete security of the information you provide to us through your use of this Website, and you agree to specifically release us from any liability related in any way to such information. Any personally-identifiable information posted by you or provided to us to be posted (e.g. Meet a Member answers, hallway or other posts, etc.) on publicly accessible portions of the Website may be read or utilized by any person with access to such portions of the Website. We reserve the right to take any action with respect to information posted on the Website, including, but not limited to, termination of your Membership and rights of use, but we cannot, nor do we, review, edit and/or control the information provided by Users or content providers which is made available through the Website. Any user identification names or passwords we provide to you or you utilize shall be maintained by you as confidential and should not be shared with anyone not authorized to have access to your personally-identifiable information.
- * Member Preferences/Opting Out We will not share your personally-identifiable information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you agree to such disclosure (via direct agreement to such disclosure or your request to receive information from a third party that is selling goods or services or otherwise participating in an activity on the Website). If you have opted-in to receiving information from such third parties, you may contact us to opt-out of receive marketing communications from third parties. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly accommodate any requests you make to opt-out of receiving certain communications. Notwithstanding the above, we reserve the right to disclose (on a confidential basis) and/or transfer your personally-identifiable information to our affiliates, or to a third party in connection with the sale of all or substantially all of our stock or assets.
- * Third Parties This Website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of such websites, and you should familiarize yourself with their privacy policies prior to using any such third party websites.
- * Legally Required Disclosures We may be required by applicable law, subpoena, court order or other legal process to disclose your personally-identifiable information. It is our policy to comply with any such requirements, and you agree we shall have no liability for any such disclosure. We may also securely communicate your information to credit reporting and/or law enforcement agencies solely in connection with, and restricted to, their assistance in preventing or assessing fraudulent and/or unlawful transactions via the Website.
- * California Shine the Light Law Under California's "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once per calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2010 will receive information regarding 2009 sharing activities). To obtain this information from us, please contact us, and choose "Request for California Privacy Information" for the subject of your message, and we will send you a reply e-mail containing the requested information. Not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.